Undergraduate Research at the Vis Center
VIS U is a program within the University of Kentucky College of Engineering. An 8-week program summer research program, it is offered in conjunction with universities in Kentucky and Puerto Rico to provide students the opportunity to gain research experience on-location in central Kentucky. Students participating in the program work at the University of Kentucky’s Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments (Vis Center). They are part of research teams focused on visualization, computer science and imaging.
Goals of VIS U:
- Attract highly talented and motivated traditionally underrepresented students to the computer science profession.
- Develop and enhance computer science and related research skills in the participants.
- Enhance communication and teamwork skills in the participants.
- Instill a desire and ability for life-long learning in our students.
Participants must be third or fourth year undergraduates with interest in computer science, imaging, visualization.
- Program will include 8 weeks of project work in a Vis Center research lab.
- Program is competitive: applicants must submit a resume, transcript, and letter of recommendation from a professor.
- Program is fully funded: Housing and meals on the campus of UK; bi-weekly stipend for the 8 weeks plus travel to Kentucky for Puerto Rican students.