Undergraduate Research at the Vis Center

Nearing the End…

I don’t necessarily have a lot left to complete to finish my portion of the project—it is essentially already done. However, we have had an issue with the server, so the only work I have left would be to redo our data so that it goes with the new server. I am mainly waiting to find out what tweaks I need to make in response to the server crashing a couple weeks ago. It is a strange feeling knowing that I probably have a lot of work to do, but not knowing what that work is…yet.

In the meantime, while I wait for what I am sure will be plenty of work, I have continued to work on the XML for the Wycliffe Bible and research on the background of that. It is very interesting stuff and I often have to limit how in depth I research the historical side of its background (I could go on for days researching it) and remind myself that I am here to work with the document and not necessarily to find out more about it.

I have also begun to assemble the images for the other manuscripts the Vis Center has in a localized place for easy access. I will be continuing to work for the Vis Center in the fall, so some of the stuff I have been doing recently are more long term than simply finishing out this project.

I have a feeling the last couple days of the program will be really hectic with last minute changes to photo formats. Hopefully not, but I am bracing myself for the worst. That kind of business is exciting though. Especially when you can really see the end.