Undergraduate Research at the Vis Center

Fifth Week: Lots to do

We started of the week pretty good. The first exciting thing is that we got ANOTHER BALL. This time it was a smooth plastic orange ball (kinda shinny but I still got good news about it later). We rethought our approach and soon I am going to be handed a laptop to move around for the calibration, still don’t know when though.

PAINTS ALL THE BALLS | Memes,X All The Y

Going back to the ball. Julie also handed me a can of white flat spray paint, emphasis on the flat (needed to take out the shininess). I went out to a patch of grass as soon as I got it and painted a section of the ball to try out in hopes that I would not mess it up and did not work eventually. Guess what? It all worked out. After that on Tuesday I finished painting the whole thing and started working with it.

DON'T MAKE ME ROLL THE BALL OFF OF CALIBRATION | Memes,Lame Pun Coon

Up until now the rest of my work consists in tweaking the calibration as much as I can, Working on my presentation which will turn out great if I get the ball done and started my essay draft mostly to keep track of other narrative ideas.

On the other hand I should mention that for the 4rth of July celebration the 3rd we went  to Gratz Park on Transilvania University to see a little show that they do every year for the community. They played a couple of patriotic and/or classical pieces. It was nice and the popcorn was great (you can ask Eric). the 4rth I went with a couple of people to see a parade in downtown. So that was it for this week.