Undergraduate Research at the Vis Center

4th of July week!

This week was a little different; we did a lot of interesting things. Here the celebration of the Independence Day it’s different from Puerto Rico’ celebration. First of all, we went to a good concert that Dr. Seales and his family invited us. The next day I went to Downtown to see the 4th of July parade and then at night I went back again with the REU group (another research program of UK) to watch the fireworks. I had fun in all these new experiences.

Now talking about the project, this week I successfully fetched the data directly from the server using an URL for the manuscript pictures that are located in the server. In the other hand, this week I have been working in the 3D viewer so in order to create it I’m reading about JavaScript and Web GL, which is an extension from Open GL. It is used to create 2D and 3D graphics. I think this is my biggest challenge to complete in my part of the project because it is kind of tricky and I feel motivated so I hope that the next week I’ll be able to finish the 3D viewer. In summary, the project is acquiring a better shape and I feel excited because of that. The next week we will have a meeting with Aaron that will be giving us an idea of how the User’s Interface is going to look like. So I guess this will be one of my goals for the next week. I will be working in the User’s Interface of the web-based app. I also will be working with the zoom setting for the media and will keep improving my presentation and written report.